Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Broccoli-Raisin Salad

Who creates a blog for school? I do.  

This is a salad I made over the weekend for a family dinner.  I actually got the recipe from my SFL 100 Food Prep class at BYU.  It's mighty yummy - even my husband liked it! (Now that's saying something!)



BROCCOLI-RAISIN SALAD
Serves 6
1/2 large head of broccoli, washed and trimmed
1/4 c chopped onion
1/4 c raisins
1/4 c chopped pecans or walnuts
1/4 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (I actually used pre-bottled fresh bacon bits and crunchy bacon bits)
1/4 c & 2 T low-fat mayonnaise
1 T vinegar
1/4 c sugar

1. Cut broccoli into small florets, peel the stem and cut into 1/2" pieces
2. Combine broccoli, onions, raisins, nuts (optional), and bacon (optional)
3. In a small separate bowl, make dressing of mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar
4. Pour dressing over salad
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve
6. Toss before serving
7. This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for hours, even overnight

No comments:

Post a Comment